Wooden chapels

The Church of St. Michael Archangel

Opinions of the foundation of the Řepiště church vary in different documents - Jóža Vochala states the year of 1484 in his "History and Geography of Těšínsko", prof. Adamus states the year of 1485 in his "Our Silesia". The Řepiště church was originally a parish church.
Since 1652 it belonged to Protestants

The parish church of St. Antonín Paduánský on Mangy Point

top Prašivá (704 m), adjacent to tourist cottages built later(in 1921), is a typical example of folk architecture Beskydy region. Church of St.Anthony of Padua comes from 1640.

The Church of St. Frederick

The wooden church was built according to a design of Antonín Kybasta upon the wish of the Olomouc Cardinal Fridrich Landrát in the 1870th who also selected dedication. The church architecture goes beyond common shapes of other Beskydy wooden churches.

The Church of St. Procop and St. Barbora

The non-traditional and, compared to other wooden churches in Pobeskydí, quite exotic Church of St. Procop and St. Barbora is situated approximately 1 km from the railway station on the line from Kunčice pod Ondřejníkem to Čeladná.

The Church of All Saints

The biggest attraction of Sedliště which cannot be overlooked in the centre of the municipality is a small wooden Church of All Saints built in 1638 at the place of an old wooden church from 1447. The old church was not original either because its predecessor came from 1305. The present church has a shingle roof and around the central aisle there is a cloister in the outer side.

The Chapel of St. Cyril and Methodius Radhošť

On 5 July 1896 the foundation stone of the Radhošť chapel was consecrated. The finished chapel was consecrated by Theodor Kohn, the Olomouc Archbishop, on 11 September 1898. The architect Skibinský designed the chapel in the Byzantine style to symbolize the Byzantine origin of both the Saints.

The Church of the Virgin Mary, the helper to Christians

A single-aisle building was originally situated as a dominant of the landscape freely on the ridge and was well visible from distance. Nowadays, it is mostly hidden among full-grown trees. As other churches, it was not saved from insensitive interference during repairs in the post-war period.

The Chapel of St. Cross in Hájek

People who participated in the procession to the Virgin Marie Frýdecká, visit "Hajek." Place got its name after forest,which was located in the fountain, which pointed pilgrims from the Basilica of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary.